Learn about Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), a tragic hidden crisis among the adoptive and fostering community.
Access a library of articles for caregivers and service providers, and information on support groups and resource recommendations
Find a list of related resources including book reviews, websites and organizations, legal and other specialized resources
- What is Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)? - Learn about Reactive Attachment Disorder causes, symptoms, and treatments. Also the Reactive Attachment Disorder DSM 5 diagnostic criteria.
- What are the most common Reactive Attachment Disorder symptoms? - Reactive Attachment Disorder symptoms, survey results
- What is Developmental Trauma - To better serve children with developmental trauma, Kolk has proposed adding a new diagnosis to the DSM called Developmental Trauma Disorder (DTD). The new diagnostic criteria requires exposure to chronic trauma before the age of 5. This diagnosis would fully encompass the symptoms of developmental trauma bringing them under one umbrella.
- 5 reasons why this book is perfect for anyone in your life who doesn’t “get it” - But He Spit in my Coffee is a memoir about an adoptive family's struggle to find Reactive Attachment Disorder treatment. This is why it's a useful book to give family, friends, and others who make up your support system.
- YouTube: Do kids with RAD misbehave on purpose? -
- RAD… or just “normal” teenager stuff? - Parenting a teenager is hard. And…parenting a teenager who has RAD is even harder. Here’s the thing—sometimes we blame RAD…
- Reimagining Success as a RAD Parent #NAVRAD22 - Keri Williams, author and award winning talks about how we can redefine success as parents of kids with Reactive Attachment DIsorder (RAD) and find a way forward. #NAVRAD22
- A Chat about the Reality and Strategies Through the Hard Work of RAD #NAVRAD22 - Tracey of RAD Talk interviews an adoptee who was diagnosed as a child with Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) but is now thriving. @ NAVRAD22
- Seeking Alternative Placement When Home Isn’t Working #NAVRAD22 - Best Choice Admissions presents the free services they offer parents who are looking for an out of home placement for their child who has Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) @ #NAVRAD22
- Glass Children: The Impact of RAD on Siblings #NAVRAD22 - Monica Badgley, of RADSibs, and a panel of young people talk about the impact of Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) on siblings and give their advice to parents @ #NAVRAD22
- Determining What You Have Left as a Family and Ideas to Move Forward #NAVRAD22 - Carrie O'Toole, board-certified Christian life coach, shares practical ideas for families caring for a child with Reactive Attachment Disorder(RAD) at #NAVRAD22
- Co-existing Disorders with RAD and their Effective Medical Treatment #NAVRAD22 - Dr. John F. Alston, psychologist and expert on attachment disorders, shares about co-existing disorders with Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) and their effective medical treatment @ #NAVRAD22
- “Why Am I Feeling Crazy?”: The Life of RAD Parenting” #NavRAD22 - Forrest Lien, LCSW and expert on trauma and Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), talks about the disorder @ #NAVRAD22 #NavRAD
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) visualization: Restoring empathy - Here’s a meditation from Chel Hamilton created especially for RAD moms to help us recenter and return to that place…
- Keri appears on RADTalk with Tracey podcast -
- Tips to survive parenting a child with RAD as an introvert - Introverted parents of kids with RAD bring many strengths and needs to the table. Here are tips on how to use your strengths and how to prioritize your needs.
- Rejecting Blame and Shame (visualization) - Highly specialized meditations created for moms of kids with RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder) by professional hypnotherapist, Chel Hamilton. How to…
- Calm Frustration and Anger (meditation) - Highly specialized meditations created for moms of kids with RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder) by professional hypnotherapist, Chel Hamilton. How to…